7 Things You Must Do Before Your Next International Trip
1. Check your passport expiration date and apply for a new one if necessary. Most countries require that your passport be valid for at least six months after the date of your return flight.
2. Get any necessary visas or travel documents. Some countries require that you obtain a visa before traveling, so be sure to research the requirements for the countries you will be visiting and apply for a visa if necessary.
3. Purchase travel insurance. Travel insurance can provide financial protection in the event of trip cancellations, medical emergencies, and other unexpected events.
4. Check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for any recommended or required vaccinations. Some countries may require that you show proof of certain vaccinations before you are allowed to enter.
5. Notify your credit card company and bank that you will be traveling. This will help prevent any issues with your accounts while you are abroad.
6. Make copies of important documents, such as your passport, driver's license, and insurance information. Leave a copy with a trusted friend or family member and bring a copy with you on your trip.
7. Learn a few phrases in the local language. Even just knowing a few basic phrases can go a long way in helping you navigate your destination and communicate with locals.